Makes 12 servings
|1/2||cup dried figs|
|6||tablespoons hot water|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|2/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup uncooked quick oats|
|3/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|3||tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||ounce reduced-fat cream cheese|
|1/3||cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare dough, combine figs, water and granulated sugar in food processor or blender; process until figs are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add oil and just enough milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12X9-inch rectangle. Place dough on prepared cookie sheet. Spread fig mixture in 2-1/2-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of rectangle. Make cuts almost to filling at 1/2-inch intervals on both 12-inch sides. Fold strips over filling, overlapping and crossing in center. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 12 bars to serve.
- To prepare icing, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle over braid. Cut into 12 pieces.
|Serving Size:||1 bar|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookies