Makes 10 to 12 tacos
|1||to 1-1/2 pounds firm-fleshed fish fillets, such as red snapper, cut in 2X4-inch strips|
|2||canned Chipotle peppers, finely chopped|
|Juice of 2 limes|
|2||tablespoons chili powder|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1/2||head red cabbage, shredded|
|8||to 10 flour tortillas|
|1||cup queso fresco* or feta cheese, crumbled|
|1/2||cup Lime-Cilantro Cream|
*Queso fresco is a fresh, white Mexican cheese that is available in Latin markets and some large supermarkets.
- Place fish skin side down in shallow bowl. In separate small bowl mix Chipotle peppers, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, salt and black pepper. Whisk olive oil into mixture, then pour over fish, to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Lightly oil grill; prepare grill for direct grilling. Cook fish, skin side up, on grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and grill 5 to 6 minutes until fish is opaque. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Remove skin from fish. Place fish in medium bowl and gently break into flakes with fork.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage and lemon juice in medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- To serve, place about 1/4 cup fish in center of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup cabbage, 2 or 3 teaspoons of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Lime-Cilantro Cream.
Check out more recipes for Mexican