Makes 4 servings
|8||chicken thighs, deboned and skinned|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||tablespoon butter or margarine|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3||large carrots, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices|
|1-1/2||cups thinly sliced celery|
|1||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1||cup chicken broth|
|1/2||cup grapefruit juice|
|1/4||cup dry sherry|
|1||teaspoon dried tarragon leaves|
|1||grapefruit, peeled and sectioned|
|Fresh mint leaves, if desired|
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook until chicken is golden, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, broth, grapefruit juice, sherry and tarragon to chicken; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place chicken in center of serving platter. Arrange vegetables around chicken. Keep warm.
- Blend water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into sauce in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick about 2 minutes.
- Add grapefruit to cornstarch mixture; cook until grapefruit is hot. Pour the sauce over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with mint leaves.
Check out more recipes for Southern