Flying Saucers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 20 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough in squares or rounds (20 count)|
|20||peppermint patties (1-1/4-inch diameter)|
|2||egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|Assorted food colorings|
|20||round gummy candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Flatten each dough square or round to 1/4-inch thickness. Place peppermint patty in center; press dough up and around patty to cover completely. Place on prepared cookie sheet; repeat with remaining dough and patties.
- Divide egg yolks among 3 small bowls. Add different food coloring to each; beat lightly. Paint yolk mixtures onto unbaked cookies as desired using small, clean craft paintbrushes. Press gummy candy into center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids