If you like wines that are a little fruitier than the dry Pinot Grigio, then you might like Chardonnay and the 2003 Barefoot Chardonnay is very well regarded by critics for its taste and value. It's known as being easy to drink, with notes of vanilla, honey, peach and green apple. While it is a blend, it's mostly comprised of Chardonnay grapes, thus the name on the label. It's not the kind of wine you want to age, so go ahead and drink it right away with some cheese, chicken or seafood.
- Asimov, Eric. "Happiness for $10 or Less." Nytimes, com, September 19, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/19/dining/reviews/19wine.html
- "d'Arenberg Stump Jump Red 2005." Wine,com. (June 29, 2011.)http://www.wine.com/v6/wineshop/Detail.aspx?product_id=88063&state=CA
- "Esser Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2005." Wine.com. (June 29, 2011.) http://www.wine.com/V6/Esser-Vineyards-Cabernet-Sauvignon-2005/wine/87103/detail.aspx
- Nailey, Richard. "Best Wines $10 & Under." Foodandwine.com. (June 29, 2011.) http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/best-wines-10-and-under
- Rosenberg, Donald. "Rex Goliath a refreshing pinot grigio from Northern California: Wine Buy of the Week." Cleveland.com, June 30, 2009. http://www.cleveland.com/taste/index.ssf/2009/06/a_refreshing_pinot_grigio_from.html
- "Top 10 Wines Under $10." Gayot.com. (June 29, 2011.) http://www.gayot.com/wine/top10wines-under10dollars/main.html
- "Wyatt Cabernet 2009." Snooth.com. (June 29, 2011.) http://www.snooth.com/wine/wyatt-cabernet-california-2009-2009/
The 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident caused a measurable but harmless increase in the levels of a radioactive isotope in a few bottles of California wine.