Here's a traditional macaroon recipe with a chocolate chip twist.
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- Combine coconut, chocolate chips, milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Drop dough in rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Press dough gently with back of spoon to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, but let cookies sit on cookie sheets for one minute before moving them to wire racks.
- Let them cool completely before eating.
Yields: about 3 dozen cookies