Here's another chocolaty twist on the traditional coconut macaroon.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease cookie sheets and dust with flour (or line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with vanilla and salt until stiff, but not dry.
- Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture becomes stiff and glossy.
- Gently fold in coconut and ground chocolate until blended.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until firm.
- Move to wire racks to cool and store in airtight containers.
Yields: about 6 dozen cookies