Oregon Wine Festivals
Good food, music and even a road race can make a nice glass of wine taste even better. Oregon is home to dozens of wine festivals of all sizes and types, so check out the following sampling of the state's good-time offerings:
- Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon: Held in the Willamette Valley region, runners proceed through breathtaking wine country and cross the finish line in the town of Carlton, where they're greeted by the Wine and Music Festival.
- Grape-stomping Festival at St. Josef's Winery: Why go to the beach for the feeling of sand between your toes when you can head to St. Josef's to mush grapes with your feet? This annual event is topped off with authentic German cuisine and live music.
- Labor Day Weekend Party at Cubanisimo Vineyards: Get ready for a Cuban party, Oregon-style! The label's delicious pinot noir is complemented by salsa dancing complete with lessons, Cuban tapas and live music.
- Best of Oregon Food and Wine Festival: If you can only make it to a single wine-focused festival in Oregon, you can't go wrong choosing one with the word "best" in the title. More than 100 premium wines from dozens of wineries are available, which can be sampled alongside local culinary options, from pizza to oysters to cupcakes.
Regardless if you come for the festivals, the tours or even just the vino, you're sure to enjoy your time in Oregon. The state might not yet be the first place you think of when you consider American wine countries, but after you visit, it'll be the last place you'll forget.
More Great Links
- 3rd Annual Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival. "Homepage." 2011.(July 23, 2011)http://www.bestoforegonfoodandwine.com/index.php
- Cubanisimo Vineyards. "Upcoming Events." 2011. (July 12, 2011) http://www.cubanisimovineyards.com/index.php/upcoming-events/
- Oregon Wine. "Discover Oregon Wine." 2011. (July 12, 2011). http://www.oregonwine.org/Home/
- Oregon Wine Tours. "Tour Information." 2011. (July 12, 2011). http://www.orwinetours.com/tourinfo.htm
- Oregon Wine Tour Guides. "Questions." (July 23, 2011)http://oregonwinetourguides.com/questions/
- Run 4 Oregon Wine. "Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon." 2010.(July 12, 2011)http://www.run4oregonwine.com/
- St. Josef's Winery. "30th Annual St. Josef's Grapestomping Festival." 2010. (July 12, 2011)http://www.stjosefswinery.com/events-tastings
- Wines Northwest. "Oregon Wineries, Wines and Wine Country." 2011.(July 12, 2011)http://www.winesnw.com/orhome.html