How to Make a Crumb Crust Pie
- Place cookies (or graham crackers) in resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air; seal bag tightly. Roll over cookies with rolling pin until finely crushed.
Roll cookies with rolling pin
until finely crushed.
- Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl; press firmly onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Refrigerate until firm.
Press crumbs and butter mix
onto the pie plate.
- Fill crumb crust with desired filling.
Fill crumb crust with desired filling,
in this case strawberries.
A lattice crust makes a beautiful-looking pie. Find tips on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Pie Recipes: From fruit to cream, the variety of pie recipes in our collection is sure to make your mouth water. Find the one (or several) you're looking for here.
- How to Make Pastries: Pastry dough can be temperamental to work with, to say the least. Find tips on how to work with it and make delicious pastries only at HowStuffWorks.
- How to Bake a Cake: Find basic instructions and definitions that will help you bake a cake in this article. You'll learn about everything from selecting the proper baking pan to cooling and frosting a finished cake.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.