How to Make a Lattice Crust Pie
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin to a 10-inch square. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut dough into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Use a pizza wheel to cut dough into strips.
- Arrange 4 or 5 strips of dough lengthwise across filling at regular intervals. Arrange another 4 or 5 strips of dough crosswise across top. Press ends of dough strips into edge of crust. Bake until golden brown.
Arrange strips lengthwise
and then crosswise.
Decorative cutouts in pie crust can really create a sensational look. Learn more in the next section.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Pie Recipes: From fruit to cream, the variety of pie recipes in our collection is sure to make your mouth water. Find the one (or several) you're looking for here.
- How to Make Pastries: Pastry dough can be temperamental to work with, to say the least. Find tips on how to work with it and make delicious pastries only at HowStuffWorks.
- How to Bake a Cake: Find basic instructions and definitions that will help you bake a cake in this article. You'll learn about everything from selecting the proper baking pan to cooling and frosting a finished cake.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.