How to Make Pie Crust Cutouts
- Cut out decorative designs in the top crust with a sharp paring knife, reserving the scraps. Re-roll dough scraps and cut out decorative elements such as flowers and leaves.
Cut out decorative designs
with a paring knife.
- Brush top crust with milk. Place shapes on pie and bake according to recipe directions for a truly beautiful dessert.
Place shapes on pie.
Meringue pie is a favorite of many. Find tips for making meringue in the next section.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Pie Recipes: From fruit to cream, the variety of pie recipes in our collection is sure to make your mouth water. Find the one (or several) you're looking for here.
- How to Make Pastries: Pastry dough can be temperamental to work with, to say the least. Find tips on how to work with it and make delicious pastries only at HowStuffWorks.
- How to Bake a Cake: Find basic instructions and definitions that will help you bake a cake in this article. You'll learn about everything from selecting the proper baking pan to cooling and frosting a finished cake.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.