How to Make Bar Cookies
- Combine ingredients until blended.
Mix the ingredients until they
are thoroughly blended.
- Spread batter evenly into shallow baking pan. Always use the pan size called for in the recipe. Using a different size will affect the cookies' texture; a smaller pan will result in a more cake-like texture and a larger pan will produce a drier texture.
Evenly coat the bottom of a
baking pan with the mixture.
- Bake as recipe directs. Before cutting, most bar cookies should cool in the pan on a wire rack until just warm. To make serving easy, remove a corner piece first, and then remove the rest.
When the batter cools, cut into bars.
- To make cutting even easier, line the baking pan with foil, shiny side up, allowing a 2-inch overhang on sides. Cookie can then be lifted out of pan before cutting.
Lining your pan with foil will allow
you to remove your cookie easily.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Cookie Recipes: Find recipes on this page that run the gamut of cookie types, from bar cookies to drop cooking and everything in between.
- Decorating Cookies: While tasting cookies is surely the most fun, decorating cookies might be a close second. Find tips to help you decorate in this article.
- Baking Cookies: Baking cookies is a delicate business, so you'd be wise to take a look at the many tips outlined in this helpful article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.