How to Make Rolled Cookies
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin to desired thickness. (A mesh-covered rolling pin can make it easier to roll out sticky dough.) You may want to chill the cookie dough before rolling for easier handling. In this case, remove only enough dough from the refrigerator to work with at one time.
Use a rolling pin to roll the dough
to your desired thickness.
- Cut dough into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Save any trimmings and re-roll them all at once to prevent the dough from becoming tough.
Use cookie cutters to cut the dough.
- Bake and cool as directed. Decorate as desired.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Cookie Recipes: Find recipes on this page that run the gamut of cookie types, from bar cookies to drop cooking and everything in between.
- Decorating Cookies: While tasting cookies is surely the most fun, decorating cookies might be a close second. Find tips to help you decorate in this article.
- Baking Cookies: Baking cookies is a delicate business, so you'd be wise to take a look at the many tips outlined in this helpful article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.