Foxy Face Foldovers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Foxy Face Foldovers
Makes 18 pastries
|1||ripe medium banana|
|1||package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions|
|9||tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided|
|18||dried sweetened cranberries|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel banana and place in resealable zip-top bag; seal. Have your child knead the plastic bag, squishing banana into a pulp, as you prepare puff pastry sheets.
- Place puff pastry sheets on lightly floured surface and cut each sheet into 9 even squares.
- Place 9 chocolate chips (about 1 teaspoon) in center of each square. Cut small corner off one end of banana-filled bag. Squeeze small amount (about 1/2 teaspoon) banana pulp over chocolate chips.
- Fold each puff pastry square into a triangle by bringing 2 opposing corners together. Seal edges together using fork. Place pastry triangles onto baking sheet. Bake 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Remove pastries to cooling rack to cool completely.
- When pastries are cool, melt remaining 3 tablespoons chocolate chips over low heat in small saucepan. Transfer melted chocolate to resealable zip-top bag; seal. Cut small corner off one end of bag. Use melted chocolate to create ears and to adhere sliced almonds to pastry for eyes and cranberry for nose.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes