Fresh Gazpacho Chicken the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Fresh Gazpacho Chicken
Makes 4 servings
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||teaspoons salt, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|2||whole chicken breasts, split|
|1||medium tomato, seeded and chopped|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1||medium green bell pepper, chopped|
|1||small cucumber, peeded, seeded and chopped|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2-1/2||cups tomato juice|
|1/2||cup finely chopped carrots|
|1/2||cup finely chopped celery|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|5||teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|5||dashes hot pepper sauce|
|Hot cooked rice|
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in shallow dish. Coat chicken, one piece at a time, in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken to skillet in single layer. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken to paper towel-lined baking sheets, using tongs or slotted spoon; keep warm in preheated 200°F oven. Drain oil from skillet.
- Place prepared tomato, onion, bell pepper and cucumber in large bowl. Stir garlic, tomato juice, carrots, celery, vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper into vegetabless. Reserve 1 cup tomato mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- Return chicken to skillet. Pour remaining tomato mixture over chicken. Cover; cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, 30 minutes or until tender. Arrange chicken on serving platter; spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with chilled tomato mixture and rice. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for European