Fried Cinnamon Puffs
Makes about 3 dozen
|2-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|3||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|Vegetable oil for deep frying|
- Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, yeast, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and salt into work bowl. Process until mixed, about 10 seconds.
- Combine milk, water and butter in saucepan. Heat over low heat until warm (120° to 130°F). Mix in eggs with fork.
- Turn processor on and pour milk mixture through feed tube. Process until batter is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Let batter stand in work bowl, covered, until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Process on/off once to stir batter down.
- Pour about 2 inches of oil into large saucepan. Heat oil to 400°F. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry until brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper toweling. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Check out more recipes for Quick Breads