Fried Rice the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1-1/2||cups uncooked long-grain rice|
|4||slices uncooked bacon, chopped|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|8||ounces Barbecued Pork , cut into thin strips|
|8||ounces shelled deveined shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped|
|8||green onions with tops, finely chopped|
|1||to 2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|Fresh chervil leaves for garnish|
- Combine water and salt in 3-quart saucepan; cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain.
- Cook bacon in wok or large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crisp; drain. Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from wok.
- Beat eggs with pepper in small bowl. Pour 1/3 of egg mixture into wok, tilting wok slightly to cover bottom. Cook over medium heat until eggs are set, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Roll up omelet; cut into thin strips.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon oil into wok. Add 1/2 of remaining egg mixture, tilting wok to cover bottom. Cook until eggs are set. Remove from wok; roll up and cut into thin strips. Repeat with another 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining eggs.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in eggs, bacon, pork, shrimp, onions and soy sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese