Frosted Sugar Cookies
The entire family can join in the fun of baking and frosting these crisp, flavorful cookies. Serve with glasses of cold milk or cups of hot cocoa!
Makes 7 dozen cookies
|10||tablespoons margarine, softened|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|Ground nutmeg or cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat granulated sugar and margarine in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to margarine mixture; mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Roll dough on generously floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. (Dough will be soft.) Cut dough into shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters; place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare Vanilla Frosting.
- Frost cookies; sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookies