Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
A delightful twist on frozen ice pops, these luscious, chocolate-dipped bananas are high in potassium, a mineral which helps maintain the proper functioning of the heart and kidneys.
Makes 4 servings
|2||ripe medium bananas|
|1/2||cup low-fat granola cereal without raisins|
|1/3||cup hot fudge topping, at room temperature|
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Peel bananas; cut each in half crosswise. Insert wooden stick into center of cut end of each banana about 1-1/2 inches into banana half. Place on prepared baking sheet; freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Place granola in large resealable food storage bag; crush slightly using rolling pin or meat mallet. Transfer granola to shallow plate. Place hot fudge topping in shallow dish.
- Working with 1 banana at a time, place frozen banana in hot fudge topping; turn banana and spread topping evenly onto banana with small rubber scraper. Immediately place banana on plate with granola; turn to coat lightly. Return to baking sheet in freezer. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Freeze until hot fudge topping is very firm, at least 2 hours. Place on small plates; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Ice Cream & Sorbets