Fruit-Filled Puff Pancake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Bake Time 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||tablespoon butter, melted|
|2||cups sliced fresh strawberries|
|1||teaspoon sugar substitute*|
|2||teaspoons powdered sugar|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place butter in 9-inch glass pie plate. Place pie plate in oven 2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Swirl pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl. Whisk eggs in medium bowl until frothy. Add milk and vanilla to eggs; whisk until blended. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; whisk until blended. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- Remove pie plate from oven. Add melted butter to batter; mix well. Pour batter into hot pie plate; bake 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries and sugar substitute in medium bowl.
- Cut puff into 4 wedges to serve. Spoon fruit over hot pancake wedges. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size:||1 wedge (1/4 of pancake) with 1/2 cup strawberries|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Pancakes & Waffles