This peppermint bark is a Georgetown Cupcake favorite! Serve it with hot cocoa or tie it up with a pretty bow to give as a holiday present.
About 10-15 medium pieces
|2||cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips|
|2||cups white chocolate chips|
|1/4||teaspoon pure peppermint extract (If you really love the taste of peppermint, you can use 1/2 teaspoon or more.)|
|1||cup crushed peppermint candy or candy canes|
- Fill a small saucepan half full with water and bring to a gentle boil. Place a bowl on top of the pan so that it sits on top of the saucepan, snugly. Add semisweet or dark chocolate chips, and melt slowly by stirring constantly. Add peppermint extract and mix thoroughly in melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate into a small baking dish lined with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to chill and harden.
- While dark chocolate is chilling, melt white chocolate chips in another glass bowl using the same technique. When white chocolate is completely melted, pour on top of the chilled and hardened dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top so that the white chocolate is completed covered with crushed peppermint. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to chill and harden.
- Remove from refrigerator and turn baking dish upside down to remove the hardened peppermint bark. Break peppermint bark in small or medium size pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Check out more recipes for Christmas