Ginger-Crusted Pumpkin Cheesecake
Makes 16 servings
|12||whole low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into small pieces|
|3||tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin|
|1||package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened|
|2||packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, softened|
|1||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1/2||cup evaporated fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|2||cups frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed|
|Additional ground nutmeg (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place graham crackers, margarine and ginger in food processor or blender; process using on/off pulsing action until coarse crumbs are formed. Gently press crumb mixture onto bottom and 3/4 inch up side of pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool slightly on wire rack.
- Beat remaining ingredients except whipped topping and additional nutmeg in large bowl at medium-high speed of electric mixer until smooth; pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top begins to crack and center is almost set. Cool on wire rack 1 hour; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top each slice with spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping; sprinkle lightly with additional nutmeg.
This cheesecake freezes well. In fact, the flavors improve with freezing!
|Serving Size:||1 slice cheesecake|
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Check out more recipes for Cheesecakes