Gingered BBQ'd Shrimp Skewers
Makes 6 servings
|Cooking oil spray|
|1/4||cup bottled barbecue sauce|
|1/4||cup no-sugar-added raspberry fruit spread|
|1||tablespoon grated fresh ginger|
|1-1/2||tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/8||teaspoon dried red pepper flakes|
|24||medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|4||bacon slices, each cut into 6 pieces|
|12||green onions, white part only, cut in half (24 pieces total)|
|12||(6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water|
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat cold grill rack with cooking spray and place over heat.
- In a small bowl, combine barbeque sauce, fruit spread, grated ginger, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
- Alternating shrimp, bacon and green onion, thread skewers, 2 shrimp, 2 bacon pieces, 2 green onion pieces per skewer.
- Place half of the sauce in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place skewers on the grill, baste with the remaining sauce and grill 3 minutes total or until shrimp is opaque in center, turning and basting frequently. Remove from heat, baste with reserved sauce.
|Serving Size:||2 skewers|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Shellfish