Glazed Coffee Cake Ring
Makes 8 servings
|1/4||cup raisins or dried cranberries|
|1||package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1||tablespoon sugar substitute*|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|2||tablespoons apricot fruit spread|
|1||ounce sliced almonds or pecan chips, toasted**|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
**To toast almonds, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place raisins in small microwavable bowl; cover with water. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Combine granulated sugar, sugar substitute, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough.
- Drain raisins; sprinkle evenly over cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll up dough, starting at wide end.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough on baking sheet. Join ends to make ring. Pinch dough tightly to seal. Using serrated knife, make 5 to 6 diagonal slits into top of dough.
- Bake 23 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire rack; let cool 5 minutes.
- Place fruit spread in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or until melted. Stir. Brush evenly over top and sides of coffee cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Cut into 8 slices. Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Serving Size:||1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Coffeecakes