Glazed Cornish Hens the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Glazed Cornish Hens
Makes 4 servings
|2||fresh or thawed frozen Cornish game hens (1-1/2 pounds each)|
|3||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||cup orange marmalade|
|1||tablespoon coarse-grain or country-style mustard|
|2||teaspoons grated fresh ginger|
- Remove giblets from cavities of hens; reserve for another use. Split hens in half on cutting board with sharp knife or poultry shears, cutting through breastbones and backbones. Rinse hens with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Place hen halves in large resealable food storage bag.
- Combine juice and garlic in small bowl; pour over hens in bag. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-hot heat.
- Drain hens; discard marinade. Place hens, skin sides up, on grid. Grill hens, on covered grill, over medium-hot coals 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine marmalade, mustard and ginger in small bowl. Brush one-half of marmalade mixture evenly over hens. Grill, covered, 10 minutes. Brush with remaining mixture. Grill, covered, 5 to 10 minutes more until fork can be inserted into hens with ease and juices run clear, not pink. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry