Glazed Pork Tenderloin (Calorie Watcher)
Makes 6 servings
|2||whole well-trimmed pork tenderloins (about 1-1/2 pounds each)|
|1/2||cup currant jelly or canned jellied cranberry sauce|
|1||tablespoon prepared horseradish|
|1/2||cup chicken broth|
|1/4||cup Rhine or other sweet white wine|
|Salt and black pepper to taste (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place tenderloins on meat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine jelly and horseradish in microwavable dish or small saucepan. Heat at HIGH 1 minute or over low heat on rangetop until jelly is melted; mix well. Brush half of mixture over tenderloins.
- Roast 30 minutes; turn tenderloins over. Brush with remaining jelly mixture. Continue to roast 30 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of tenderloins or until thermometer registers 160°F. Transfer tenderloins to cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove meat rack from roasting pan. To deglaze pan, pour chicken broth and wine into pan. Place over burners and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits, 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Strain sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve tenderloins into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||23 %|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Pork