Gold Cake Courtney Clark
Courtney Clark created this Gold Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ulitmate Cake Off'.
|1 1/4||cup sugar|
|2 1/2||cups cake flour, sifted|
|3||teaspoons baking powder|
|8||egg yolks, beaten|
|3||c. granulated sugar|
|2||lbs. unsalted butter|
|Vanilla extract or other flavoring|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two (9-inch) cake pans with shortening and set aside.
- Cream together the shortening and the sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly alternate adding the egg yolks and milk with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pans, about 550 grams of batter for each cake. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- In kitchen-aid bowl, whisk together whites and sugar. Over bain marie, whisk until mixture reaches 140 degrees.
- Transfer bowl to mixer and whip until bottom feels cool.
- Add flavoring.
- Add butter small amounts at a time.
Check out more recipes for Cakes