Gooey Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Rolls the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Gooey Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Rolls
Makes 24 rolls
|2||loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough|
|1||jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping|
|2/3||cup coarsely chopped pecans|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided|
|4||tablespoons butter, divided|
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide caramel topping evenly between 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; spread in thin layers. Sprinkle pecans evenly over caramel.
- Microwave 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at 20-second intervals, if necessary, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Roll 1 loaf bread dough on lightly floured surface into 12X8-inch rectangle. Spread half of chocolate mixture over dough. Beginnning from long side, roll up jelly-roll style to form 12-inch log, pinching seam to seal. Cut into 12 (1-inch) slices; arrange, cut sides down, in 1 prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate mixture.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until nearly doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Immediately invert onto serving plates.
- Melt remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in microwave as directed in step 3. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Check out more recipes for Rolls & Buns