Gourmet Bean & Spinach Burritos
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound spinach leaves, divided|
|2||teaspoons olive oil|
|1||cup finely chopped onion|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained|
|1||can (10 ounces) whole tomatoes with green chilies, undrained|
|2||teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/2||teaspoon ground oregano|
|8||flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|Sour cream (optional)|
- Prepare Avocado Relish.
- Wash and dry spinach. Remove and discard stems from spinach leaves. Set aside 24 to 30 large leaves. Stack remaining leaves and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans, tomatoes, cumin and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, until mixture is dry. Remove from heat; mash bean mixture with potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange 3 to 4 whole spinach leaves on each tortilla. Spoon bean mixture onto bottom half of tortillas; sprinkle cheese evenly over bean mixture.
- Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, spinach and bean mixture.
- Arrange, seam side down, in 12X8-inch baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, arrange about 1/2 cup spinach pieces on each serving plate; top with 2 burritos. Serve with Avocado Relish. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||with 2 tablespoons Avacado Relish|
|Calories from Fat||39 %|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican