Greek Flat Breads the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Greek Flat Breads (bread machine)
Makes 32 flat breads
|Basic Yeast Bread|
|8||ounces crumbled feta cheese|
|1||cup chopped kalamata olives|
|6||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|Coarse salt (optional)|
- Prepare Basic Yeast Bread through Step 4. Grease 2 baking sheets; set aside. Turn out dough onto lightly oiled work surface; divide in half. Keep one half of dough covered. Divide other half of dough into 16 equal pieces. Form each piece into ball. Cover with towel; let rest 5 minutes.
- Combine cheese, olives, garlic and oil in medium bowl; set aside. Beat eggs and water in small bowl.
- Flatten each ball of dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with beaten egg. Sprinkle each round of dough with olive mixture; press topping into dough slightly. Cover with towel; let rise 45 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Place heavy baking or roasting pan on lower rack of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle tops of dough with coarse salt, if desired. Place bread in oven. Carefully place 4 to 5 ice cubes in heavy pan; close door. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove bread from baking sheets and place on wire rack to cool.
Check out more recipes for European