Greek Lemon-Herb Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|2-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1-1/4||cups sugar, divided|
|4||teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 3 teaspoons lemon peel and rosemary. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in shallow bowl. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar mixture to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press balls to 1/4-inch thickness using flat bottom of drinking glass.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
Check out more recipes for European