Greek Spinach and Feta Pie
Makes 6 servings
|1/3||cup butter, melted|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1||container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese|
|1||package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese|
|3/4||teaspoon finely grated lemon peel|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1||package (16 ounces) frozen phyllo dough, thawed|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 13X9-inch baking dish lightly with butter.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Stir in spinach, ricotta, feta, lemon peel, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Unwrap phyllo dough; remove 8 sheets. Cut dough in half crosswise forming 16 rectangles about 13X8-1/2 inches. Cover dough with damp cloth or plastic wrap to keep moist while assembling pie. Reserve remaining dough for another use.
- Place 1 piece of dough in prepared dish; brush top lightly with butter. Layer with another piece of dough and brush lightly with butter. Continue layering with 6 pieces of dough, brushing each lightly with butter. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over dough.
- Top spinach mixture with piece of dough; brush lightly with butter. Repeat layering with remaining 7 pieces of dough, brushing each piece lightly with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with a Greek vegetable salad made of cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions on a bed of romaine lettuce drizzled with red wine vinegar salad dressing.
|Total Fat||30 g|
Check out more recipes for European