Greek White Bean Risotto the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Greek White Bean Risotto
Makes 5 servings
|3||teaspoons low-sodium chicken flavor bouillon granules|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1-1/2||cups uncooked arborio rice|
|2||teaspoons dried oregano leaves|
|1/3||cup finely chopped dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes|
|1||cup rinsed, drained canned cannellini beans (white kidney beans)|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese|
|1/3||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
- Combine 5-1/2 cups water and bouillon granules in large saucepan; cover. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add rice and oregano; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir 1 cup hot chicken broth into rice mixture; cook until broth is absorbed, stirring constantly. Stir 1/2 cup hot chicken broth into rice mixture, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed. Stir tomatoes into rice mixture.
- Stir remaining hot chicken broth into rice mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all broth is absorbed before adding next 1/2 cup. (Total cooking time for chicken broth absorption is about 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is just tender but still firm to the bite.)
- Stir beans into rice mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, lemon juice and pepper. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Stir once. Serve with breadsticks, if desired. Garnish as desired.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||17 %|
Check out more recipes for European