Green Bean & Bell Pepper Frittata the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Green Bean & Bell Pepper Frittata
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|1-3/4||cups chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided|
|1/2||pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|1-1/2||cups chopped red bell peppers|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|3||tablespoons dry sherry|
|1/4||cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided|
|1/4||cup whipping cream|
|Dash ground red pepper|
- Combine chicken broth and 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 17 to 20 minutes until green beans are very tender. Drain; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and remaining tablespoon Italian seasoning; cook 4 to 5 minutes until onion is golden brown.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil, bell peppers and garlic to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes until peppers are tender. Stir in green beans, salt and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium. Add sherry; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, cream and ground red pepper in blender. Blend at medium speed 1 minute or until just blended. Pour egg mixture over filling in skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook 6 to 7 minutes until frittata starts to set.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 6 to 7 minutes until center is just set.
- Top frittata with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Italian