Green Onion Cream Cheese Breakfast Biscuits the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Green Onion Cream Cheese Breakfast Biscuits
Makes 8 biscuits
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|1||package (3 ounces) cream cheese|
|1/2||cup finely chopped green onions|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in cream cheese and shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in green onions.
- Make well in center of flour mixture. Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough that clings together and forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto well-floured surface. Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with floured 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on ungreased large baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until tops and bottoms are golden brown. Serve warm.
Check out more recipes for Biscuits & Scones