Green Rice Pilaf the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Chicken Mole
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup raw long-grain white rice (not converted)|
|1/4||cup finely chopped white onion|
|2||fresh poblano or Anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined, chopped|
|6||thin green onions, thinly sliced|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1-3/4||cups chicken broth|
|1-1/2||cups shredded queso Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese|
|1/3||cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro|
|Cilantro sprig for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add rice. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until rice turns opaque.
- Add white onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chilies, green onions, garlic, salt and cumin; cook and stir 20 seconds.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.*
- Remove skillet from heat. Add 1 cup cheese and chopped cilantro; toss lightly to mix. Transfer to greased 1-1/2-quart baking dish; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until rice is tender and cheese topping is melted. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Mexican