Grilled Beef Salad
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup fat-free mayonnaise|
|2||tablespoons cider vinegar or white wine vinegar|
|1||tablespoon spicy brown mustard|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|6||cups torn assorted lettuces such as romaine, red leaf and Bibb|
|1||large tomato, seeded and chopped|
|1/3||cup chopped fresh basil|
|2||slices red onion, separated into rings|
|1||boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1 pound)|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||cup herb or garlic croutons|
|Additional black pepper (optional)|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic and sugar in small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Toss together lettuce, tomato, basil and onion in large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and black pepper. Place steak on grid. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat 13 to 16 minutes for medium-rare to medium or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Transfer steak to carving board. Slice in half lengthwise; carve crosswise into thin slices.
- Add steak and croutons to bowl with lettuce mixture; toss well. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss until well coated. Serve with additional black pepper, if desired.
|Serving Size:||2 cups salad with about 3 ounces grilled steak|
|Calories from Fat||29 %|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Salads