Grilled Bok Choy Packet
Makes 6 servings
|12||fresh or dried shiitake mushrooms*|
|1/2||small onion, thinly sliced|
|1||head bok choy (1 pound), coarsely chopped|
|1||can (about 8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained|
|1||large red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|2||tablespoons sweet cooking rice wine|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1-1/2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|1||teaspoon minced fresh ginger|
*For dried mushrooms, place in small bowl; cover with warm water and soak 30 minutes to soften. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Remove and discard mushroom stems; set aside. (Mushroom caps may be thinly sliced, if desired.)
- Spray 6 (16-inch-long) sheets of foil with nonstick cooking spray. In center of each sheet, layer onion slices, bok choy, corn, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine water, rice wine, soy sauce, oil, ginger and salt in small bowl. Drizzle over vegetables in each packet.
- Seal packets by bringing two long sides of foil together over vegetables; fold down in series of locked folds, allowing for heat circulation and expansion. Fold short ends up and over again. Press folds firmly to seal packets. Turn packets over several times to coat vegetables completely.
- Grill packets on covered grill over medium to low coals about 10 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes. (Vegetables will continue to cook once removed from heat.) To serve, carefully open one end of each packet and slide vegetables onto plates.
Grilled bok choy is great with grilled shrimp.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||14 %|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Asian