Grilled Cheddar Apple Potato Packets
Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup condensed Cheddar cheese soup|
|1/4||cup milk or chicken broth|
|2||medium red potatoes, cut into thin slices|
|2||sheets (18X12 inches each) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||small onion, cut into thin slices|
|2||cups Granny Smith apples, washed and chopped|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
- Prepare the grill with hot coals.
- Mix together soup and milk in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place half of potato slices on each sheet of foil, overlapping slices. Top with onion and apple. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with soup mixture.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on grill.
- Grill 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
If desired, top each serving with 1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh parsley or chives.
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish