Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1/2||cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|3||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2||teaspoons anchovy paste|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|6||cups torn romaine lettuce leaves|
|4||plum tomatoes, quartered|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||cup purchased garlic croutons|
- Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag. Combine oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade; cover and refrigerate until serving. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in bag. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes and cheese in large bowl. Cover; refrigerate until serving.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Drain chicken, pouring marinade into small saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Place chicken on grid. Grill chicken, on covered grill, over medium coals 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, brushing with marinade after 5 minutes and turning halfway through grilling time. Discard remaining marinade. Cool chicken slightly.
- Slice warm chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips; add chicken and croutons to lettuce mixture in bowl. Drizzle with 1/3 cup reserved marinade; toss to coat well.
Chicken can also be refrigerated until cold before slicing.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry