Grilled Chicken Tostados
Grilled Chicken Tostada
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4||cup orange juice|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons salsa, divided|
|1||tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (16 ounces) refried beans|
|4||(10-inch) or 8 (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas|
|2||cups chopped romaine lettuce|
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers|
|1||ripe medium avocado, diced (optional)|
|1||medium tomato, seeded and diced (optional)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro and sour cream (optional)|
- Place chicken in single layer in shallow glass dish; sprinkle with cumin. Combine orange juice, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Brush green onions with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Place chicken and green onions on grid. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Brush tops of chicken with half of reserved marinade; turn and brush with remaining marinade. Turn onions. Continue to grill, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and onions are tender. (If onions are browning too quickly, remove before chicken is done.)
- Meanwhile, combine beans and remaining 2 tablespoons salsa in small saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until hot.
- Place tortillas in single layer on grid. Grill, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. (If tortillas puff up, pierce with tip of knife or flatten by pressing with spatula.)
- Transfer chicken and onions to cutting board. Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Cut onions crosswise into 1-inch-long pieces. Spread tortillas with bean mixture; top with lettuce, chicken, onions, cheese, avocado and tomato, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream, if desired.
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Calories from Fat||38 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican