Grilled Fruits with Orange Couscous
Prep and Cook Time 28 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1-1/3||cups quick-cooking couscous|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||cup orange juice|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon maple syrup|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts or pecans|
|2||ripe mangoes, quartered|
|1/2||fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, adding cinnamon to water with couscous.
- Meanwhile, blend orange juice, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce and maple syrup in glass measuring cup; set aside. Blend remaining 1 tablespoon oil and nutmeg in small bowl; set aside.
- Cool couscous 5 minutes. Stir in orange juice mixture, raisins and walnuts. Transfer to serving bowl. Place bowl in center of large serving platter. Cover lightly.
- Spray grid with nonstick cooking spray. Place mangoes, skin side down, and pineapple on prepared grid. Brush fruits with nutmeg mixture.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 5 to 7 minutes or until fruits soften, turning pineapple halfway through grilling time. Arrange grilled fruits around couscous on platter.
Sesame cracker bread; canned brown bread, warmed.
Cut the work
Purchase pineapple already trimmed and cored in produce refrigerated section or use cantaloupe wedges instead of mango.
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian