Grilled Ginger Chicken with Pineapple and Coconut Rice the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Grilled Ginger Chicken with Pineapple and Coconut Rice
Prep and Cook Time 22 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1||can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice|
|2/3||cup uncooked rice|
|1/2||cup unsweetened flaked coconut|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
- Drain juice from pineapple into glass measuring cup. Reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Combine remaining juice with enough water to equal 2 cups.
- Cook and stir rice and coconut in medium saucepan over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add juice mixture; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, combine chicken, reserved 2 tablespoons juice, soy sauce and ginger in medium bowl; toss well.
- Grill or broil chicken 6 minutes; turn. Add pineapple to grill or broiler pan. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning pineapple after 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to four serving plates; serve with rice and pineapple.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Calories from Fat||20 %|
Check out more recipes for Island