Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Apple Salsa
Lean pork is a terrific source of protein, B vitamins and zinc. As the leanest cut of pork, tenderloin has only 133 calories and 4 grams of fat in a 3-ounce serving; it also adapts well to a wide variety of flavors and cooking methods. Here the pork may be grilled outside on a gas or charcoal grill or inside on a stovetop grill.
Makes 4 servings
|1||tablespoon chili powder|
|1/2||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1||pound pork tenderloin|
|2||Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|1||can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles|
|1/4||cup lemon juice|
|3||tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
- Spray grid well with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine chili powder and garlic powder in small bowl; mix well. Coat pork with spice mixture.
- Grill pork 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F when tested with meat thermometer in thickest part of tenderloin. Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time.
- To make apple salsa, combine apples, chilies, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, oregano and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
- Slice pork across grain; serve with salsa. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Pork