Grilled Vegetable Pizzas the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Makes 4 main-dish or 8 appetizer servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||red bell pepper, cut into quarters|
|4||slices red onion, cut 1/4 inch thick|
|1||medium zucchini, halved lengthwise|
|1||medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise|
|1||cup prepared pizza sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||(10-inch) prepared pizza crusts|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded fontinella or mozzarella cheese|
|1/4||cup sliced fresh basil leaves|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil and garlic in small bowl; brush over bell pepper, onion, zucchini and squash. Place vegetables on grid. Grill, on covered grill, over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning halfway through grilling time. Remove vegetables from grill.
- Slice bell pepper lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Cut zucchini and squash crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Separate onion slices into rings.
- Combine pizza sauce and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Top crusts with equal amounts of pizza sauce mixture, cheese and grilled vegetables.
- Place pizzas, one at a time, on grid. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is hot. Sprinkle pizzas with basil; cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Total Fat||38 g|
Check out more recipes for Pizza