Makes 5 adult handprint cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|Cookie glazes, frostings and assorted candies|
- Grease cookie sheets. Remove dough from wrapper. Cut dough into 4 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; refrigerate remaining 3 sections. Sprinkle reserved dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Roll dough on prepared cookie sheet to 5X7-inch rectangle.
- Place hand, palm-side down, on dough. Carefully, cut around outline of hand with knife. Remove scraps. Separate fingers as much as possible using small spatula. Pat fingers outward to lengthen slightly. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Freeze dough 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 7 to 13 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Decorate as desired.
To get the kids involved, let them use their hands to make the handprints. Be sure that an adult is available to cut around the outline with a knife. The kids will enjoy seeing how their handprints bake into big cookies.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes