Happy Face Lollipops the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Happy Face Lollipops
Makes about 2 dozen lollipops
|24||popsicle sticks or small wooden skewers (4 to 5 inches long)|
|2/3||cup light corn syrup|
|10||to 12 drops green food coloring|
|Red cinnamon candies and/or other decors|
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Place popsicle sticks about 4 inches apart on foil.
- Combine sugar, water and syrup in heavy 2- or 2-1/2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Attach candy thermometer to side of pan, making sure bulb is submerged in sugar mixture but not touching bottom of pan. Continue boiling, without stirring, about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches hard-crack stage (300° to 305°F) on candy thermometer. (Watch carefully so that mixture does not burn.) Remove from heat.
- When mixture stops bubbling, stir in food coloring, a few drops at a time, until desired color is obtained. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and cools to 200° to 205°F on candy thermometer.
- Quickly drop sugar mixture by tablespoonfuls over popsicle sticks forming 3-inch lollipops. To make happy faces, immediately place red candies onto lollipops for "eyes" and "mouths." (Be careful because candy is very hot.) Use other decors to make "hair," if desired.
- Cool completely, about 10 minutes. Peel off of foil. Store in resealable food storage bags at room temperature.
Check out more recipes for Candy