Herb-Cheese Biscuit Loaf the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Herb-Cheese Biscuit Loaf
Makes 8 servings
|1-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||tablespoons yellow cornmeal|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2||cup whipping cream|
|3/4||teaspoon dried basil|
|3/4||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/8||teaspoon garlic powder|
|Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease large baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cheese, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, basil, oregano and garlic powder; beat until well blended. Add cream mixture to flour mixture; stir until mixture forms soft dough that clings together and forms ball.
- Turn out dough onto well-floured surface. Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times. Place dough on prepared baking sheet. Roll or pat dough into 7-inch round, about 1 inch thick. Starting from center, score top of dough into 8 wedges with tip of sharp knife. (Do not cut completely through dough.) Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Check out more recipes for Quick Breads