Holiday Peppermint Slices the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Holiday Peppermint Slices
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1/4||teaspoon peppermint extract, divided|
|Red food coloring|
|Green food coloring|
- Remove dough from wrapper. Divide dough into thirds.
- Combine 1/3 of dough, 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough red food coloring to make dough desired shade of red or pink. Knead dough until evenly tinted.
- Repeat with second 1/3 of dough, remaining 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- To assemble, shape each portion of dough into 8-inch log. Place red log beside green log; press together slightly. Place plain log on top. Press logs together to form one tri-colored log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set but not browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Christmas