Holiday Sugar Cookies
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Colored sprinkles or sugars (optional)|
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well blended. Form dough into ball; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough, small portion at a time, to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin. (Keep remaining dough wrapped in refrigerator.)
- Cut out dough with 3-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles or sugars, if desired. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Total Fat||5 g|
Check out more recipes for Christmas